Sinclair College Unmanned Aerial Systems Program Coordinator – sUAS News
The position coordinates and directs all aspects of Sinclair’s Unmanned Aerial Systems (UAS) programs for the Aviation Technology Department. The coordinator will oversee laboratory and flight operations, manage program quality, monitor student performance, and ensure compliance with FAA regulations and guidelines.
The coordinator will also market the program throughout the region to recruit students and identify opportunities for collaboration with other academic institutions and aeronautical companies.
The Coordinator position directly supports the Chair, faculty, and students of the Department of Aeronautical Technology. Effective performance in this position will enable UAS students to achieve their personal and academic goals as UAS operators, technicians, and analysts.
- Coordinate with the FAA to maintain certification of department programs
- Develop a class schedule for each semester that maximizes student enrollment
- Coordinate and assign UAS program faculty to classes each semester
- Maintain department unmanned vehicles and support equipment
- Work with other Sinclair departments (UAS Center, Tech Prep, etc.) to support
- Work with department chair and faculty to resolve student progression and retention issues
- Develop/manage annual procurement and capital budget requests
- Ensure program compliance with all safety and environmental requirements
- Attend and support recruitment and outreach events
- Ensure that the curriculum meets industry requirements
- Manage and update
runningprogram as required by evolving industry standards and FAA requirements
- Seek collaboration opportunities with other educational institutions and aerospace companies
- Advise and
adviceprospective and current students on courses required for graduation and certification
- Minimum of an associate’s degree required, bachelor’s degree preferred
- Minimum of 2 years of professional experience in aviation/UAS operations, management and/or education required
- FAA Part 107 certification as a sUAS pilot required
- Technical skills related to maintenance and repair of unmanned vehicles and required support equipment
- Previous work experience in a management role preferred