Serve Wyoming is seeking a Program Coordinator
Program Coordinator (Senior Retired Volunteer Program)
Wage scale: $ 40,000 – $ 45,000
Advantages: Paid leave and personal time as determined by the general manager. Federal travel reimbursement. Eligible at 3% of salary / month for a corresponding IRA after 30 days. Eligible for group life and vision insurance after 30 days.
ServeWyoming (SWY) improves lives and strengthens communities in Wyoming through volunteerism. We are committed to increasing the number of people engaged in meaningful volunteer opportunities across Wyoming that are both fulfilling for volunteers and who meet the critical needs of our community.
Since 1994, more than 4,000 Wyoming AmeriCorps members have provided intensive, results-oriented services to respond to emergencies, education, the environment, public safety, veterans and military families and other urgent needs statewide. In addition, we offer a statewide volunteer center that engages over 4,500 general volunteers in Wyoming service.
Summary of the job description
The Retired Seniors Volunteer Program (RSVP) provides volunteer opportunities for people 55 and older to stay active and involved in their communities, and meet the volunteer needs of public and nonprofit agencies in order to better serve their customers. The program coordinator provides overall supervision and management of the RSVP volunteers. The work involves program planning and implementation, program administration and budgeting, coordination and supervision of volunteers and public relations agencies. This position is under the direction and supervision of the General Manager. Works closely with the Volunteer Wyoming Program Director on all outreach and program implementation activities.
- Recruit and train volunteers to reach the appropriate program numbers, as mandated by the funding source.
- Recruit, select, orient and place volunteers with volunteer positions.
- Follow RSVP goals and objectives within established federal regulations and guidelines.
- Once approved by the ED, review and adjust program objectives and assess operational practices, standards, program needs, available resources, and other factors to achieve objectives and provide volunteer services to communities.
- Train, supervise and supervise the work of the RSVP assistant.
- Interact, plan and coordinate with the Wyoming Volunteer Program Director.
- Write project work plans as part of the annual grant application process. Evaluate the effectiveness of the program by monitoring the results as indicated in the work plans.
- Prepare and submit annual grant renewal requests for RSVP through AmeriCorps Headquarters, formerly the Corporation for National and Community Service (CNCS).
- Create and provide all mandated reports to the Executive Director, as required by contractual guidelines and funding sources. Applications require the development of creative approaches to achieve program objectives, identify how the money will be used, and describe positive impacts on nonprofit community service agencies.
- Work with Wyoming Volunteer Program Directors to determine the volunteer needs for each program.
- Evaluate the specific and global positive impacts that RSVP has supported in various organizations.
- Continuously assess the volunteer needs of communities in the service area, and plan and develop ongoing project operations in multiple locations.
- Organize formal and regular recognition of volunteers, organizations and individuals who have helped support RSVP.
- Ensure the orientation of volunteers, in collaboration with volunteer positions.
- Develop and maintain close coordination and relationships with volunteer stations, including the development of volunteer allocation plans.
- Provide ongoing support to volunteers.
- Evaluate the performance of volunteers.
- Evaluate the relevance and / or performance of volunteer positions.
- Attend training conferences required by ServeWyoming and CNCS.
- Provide federal rules / regulations, policies / procedures and other technical assistance to RSVP sites to ensure compliance.
- Work closely with the Executive Director and the Wyoming Volunteer Program Director on budgets and budget projections.
- Provide program level oversight of public relations and marketing activities to promote awareness of RSVP.
- Improve community services through the use of volunteers.
- Provide opportunities for older people to stay active and involved in their community.
- Work closely with the Volunteer Wyoming Program Director on all outreach and program implementation activities.
- Maintain active participation with community partners and other related programs dealing with volunteers and seniors.
What we are looking for:
- At least 2 years of experience and a bachelor’s degree in human services, social work, gerontology, volunteer management, program management or related fields preferred.
- Strong preference for experience in managing sub-recipient and volunteer management activities.
- Ability to train and educate volunteers.
- Ability and willingness to travel occasionally within Wyoming.
To apply, email a cover letter and resume to Shelly McAlpin, Executive Director at [email protected] Please include “RSVP Program Coordinator” in the topic title. Applications will be reviewed as they arise, with priority given to those received by Tuesday, November 30, 2021. All interested applicants are encouraged to apply as soon as possible. For more information on Serve Wyoming, please visit www.ServeWyoming.org.
Apply via this link!
|PAID BY SERVING WYOMING
This article is a promoted post. The views, thoughts and opinions expressed in the text belong solely to the organization which paid for the article and do not necessarily reflect the views, thoughts or opinions of Oil City News, its employees or its editor.. Please complete this form if you would like to speak to our sales department about advertising opportunities on Oil City News.