Program Coordinator – Syrian Arab Republic
General job description
- The Program Coordinator is responsible for providing overall coordination and oversight of AAH’s programming in Syria, including regular review of progress against operational results and monthly budget reviews,
- By coordinating with Technical Coordinators, reviewing management systems and proposing appropriate improvements, he/she contributes to the coordination, standardization and quality of AAH programming across projects.
- S/he contributes to identifying, developing and implementing AAH’s country strategy, including relevant participation in identifying potential new interventions and writing proposals.
- He/she will work under the hierarchical and operational supervision of the Deputy Country Director – Operations. Functionally, he/she will be supported by expert technical staff operating at headquarters
Objective 1: ensure successful implementation of projects according to the AHA and the standards and protocols
- Contribute to the preparation of the proposal by providing inputs on the modalities of implementation of the intervention by capitalizing on previous experiences (lessons learned and best practices
- Plan, organize and lead the kick-off meeting, ensuring the participation of all relevant departments and implementing partners, if necessary.
- Participate in the preparation and monthly review of the following AAH project tools once the project has started, including the project procurement plan, BFU and work plan
Objective 2: Contribute to capacity building of AAH staff and implementing partners based on identified needs
- Capitalize on lessons learned and best practices from their project(s) and contribute to internal evaluation exercises (in collaboration/with the participation of partners, if necessary) with the aim of improving the quality of delivery services to beneficiaries.
- organize an internal review workshop, during and/or at the end of the project, in collaboration and with the contribution of the technical and support services
Objective 3: Contribute to the development and implementation of mission strategies and programming
- Integrate risk management into every activity and action.
- Contribute to the identification of ideas / areas of intervention for the positioning and strategy of AAH for new programs, pilot projects, new geographical areas of intervention
- Support management and/or coordinators in meetings and field visits with donors, UN agencies, other NGOs, sector working groups, etc., as requested.
Objective 4: Contribute to coordination and information
- Collect high-level updates from all program managers regarding the status of implementation (activity, procurement and budget) in area-based projects and share information in a compact manner with DCDs and CDs on request
- provide timely support to program managers based in field offices to resolve issues that may slow down implementation in the base.
- Support for representation tasks in Damascus with the SARC and line ministries to facilitate the implementation of programs on request
Description of the candidate
- University degree in a relevant discipline (e.g. social sciences, economics, international development or any related field)
- Solid knowledge and experience of project cycle management and strategic planning – mandatory
- three years of proven experience as a PM
- Technical knowledge of the implementation of emergency and early recovery interventions – mandatory
- Demonstrated knowledge and experience in writing proposals and reports (preferably for ECHO, OFDA, SIDA, GAC, OCHA, AECID, UNICEF) – mandatory
- 3 years of professional and leadership experience in the management and coordination of humanitarian programmes, operations and teams, including at senior country management level
- 2 years of direct experience in the implementation of emergency and/or early recovery interventions (principles, standards and coordination), project monitoring and evaluation and grant management
- 2 years of direct experience leading evaluations, designing projects and writing proposals, including developing budgets
- Proven experience in negotiation and advocacy with authorities and donors in a post-conflict context with great respect for local culture and traditions
- Proven experience of working in complex emergencies, involving conflict and internal displacement
- Previous work experience in INGOs in similar positions
- Experience and/or technical knowledge of AAH intervention sectors (WASH, Nut & Health, FSL, Shelter, Education)
- Gender mainstreaming and minimum standards in the humanitarian sector
- Mainstreaming protection and minimum standards in the humanitarian sector
- Operational framework for accountability to affected populations
- Knowledge of the HNO-HRP process and the Humanitarian Transformation Agenda
- Knowledge of emergency standards including SPHERE
- English (compulsory working language, spoken, read and written fluently) Arabic is a plus
- High level of MS Office applications (Word/Excel, power point);
- Use of statistics and GIS programs Position requires extensive field trips between project areas is an advantage
We offer immediate integration into a dynamic international network with the following remuneration package:
Duty Station: Syria/Damascus
- Salary: according to the Action contre la Faim salary grid and according to the candidate’s previous experience.
- This pack includes:
- Expatriate insurance (health, life, repatriation, travel, etc.)
- Break flights/trips in a defined area: (daily break: 215 EUR)
- Round-trip airfare for year-round vacations
- Lodging and housing costs (in shared guesthouse)
- Travel costs to and from the mission.
- 25 working days of paid vacation per year.
- Supplement per month and per child (Under 18): from 100€ to 225€ monthly (according to the standard list of Action Against Hunger – Spain).
– Applicants may be contacted for other suitable positions within Action Against Hunger.
– Due to the high number of applications received, only potential candidates will be contacted.
-Applications will be assessed and vacancies may be closed before the end of the advertisement depending on the availability of qualifications. – The organization is committed to the principles of non-discrimination and diversity and is particularly interested in receiving applications from a wide range of qualified individuals.
In the process of recruitment, selection and appointment, Action Against Hunger implements a series of procedures and actions, including criminal background checks/international verification/certificate of good conduct to ensure that children and vulnerable adults are protected and abuse is prevented
How to register
Interested candidates meeting the requirements should apply through this link:
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for an interview by the HR department.
To note. – Given the urgency of this position, the vacant position can be closed no later than the deadline.
Action Against Hunger offers equal opportunities to candidates regardless of their origin, nationality, race, gender, regional and sexual orientation. This vision aims to integrate equal treatment and opportunities between women and men in all HR processes and policies within the organization.