Program Coordinator, Rural Internship Program, position at UNIVERSITY OF SYDNEY
- Full-time CDD until January 2025
- Support the Rural Placement Program
- Base salary from $91,644 + 17% retirement pension
About the Opportunity
The School of Dentistry has over 100 years of excellence in teaching and training dentistry and oral health. Our students benefit from the opportunities gained in a clinical environment at leading dental hospitals and learn from various real-world oral health issues. Combining teaching, clinical activities and research in six disciplines, including oral biosciences, oral health, oral surgery, medicine and diagnostics, orthodontic and pediatric dentistry, oral health of populations and restorative and reconstructive dentistry; the school is consistently ranked among the best dental schools in Australia.
You will use excellent organization. Organizational and communication skills to plan block placements for dental and oral health students to undertake 4-6 week placements in rural sites, ensuring that rotations fit into the overall curriculum of these students. You will also help administer a scholarship program for Indigenous students registered to study Dental Assistant Certificates through TAFE NSW by supporting education blocks in Sydney for remote students.
Your main responsibilities will be to:
- ensure the overall organization of the project
- coordinate the development and implementation of project plans to achieve objectives
- implement the project governance and reporting framework to monitor project implementation, progress and delivery.
- build relationships and coordinate project communications with various project stakeholders
- monitor and project expenditures against budget.
- have experience managing a diverse group of stakeholders on large and complex projects
- previous experience in managing budgets and controlling revenues and expenses for a project.
- experience in higher education or the government/tertiary sector or in a multi-faceted complex organization
- tertiary qualifications
- ability to use Office 365 programs to support well-organized and efficient delivery of projects.
To keep our community safe, please review our COVID Safety Precautions which form our entry requirements for all staff, students and visitors coming to campus.
Sponsorship / work rights for Australia
Please note: Visa sponsorship is not available for this position. For a continuing position, you must be an Australian or New Zealand citizen or an Australian permanent resident.
Australian temporary residents currently employed at the University of Sydney may be considered for a fixed-term contract for the duration of their visa, depending on hiring area and position requirements.
Your employment is conditional upon the completion of any required pre-employment or background checks on terms satisfactory to the University. Likewise, your continued employment is conditional on your satisfactory maintenance of all relevant clearances and background check requirements. If you do not meet these conditions, the University may take any necessary action, including the termination of your employment.
At the University of Sydney, our shared values include diversity and inclusion and we strive to be a place where everyone can thrive. We are committed to creating a university community that reflects the larger community we serve. We deliver on this commitment through our people and culture programs, as well as key strategies to increase participation and support the careers of Aboriginals and Torres Strait Islanders, women, people living with a disability, people from diverse cultural and linguistic backgroundsand those who identify as LGBTIQ. We welcome applications from candidates from all walks of life.
How to register
Applications (including a cover letter, CV and any additional supporting documents) can be submitted through the Apply button at the top of the page.
If you are a current University employee or a contingent worker with access to Workday, please log in to your Working day account and navigate to the Career icon on your dashboard. Click on USYD Find Jobs and apply.
For a confidential discussion about the role, or if you require reasonable accommodation or support in completing this application, please contact Cherie Goodwin at [email protected]
© The University of Sydney
The University reserves the right not to make any appointments.
Click to see the Job Description for this role.
Tuesday, July 26, 2022 11:59 PM