Program Coordinator, Elderly Care and Disability at RMIT UNIVERSITY
- Full time, 2 year CDD
- SE1 salary level + 17% retirement pension and flexible working arrangements
- Based on the Melbourne CBD campus, but may be required to work and/or be based on other University campuses
RMIT is a multi-sector university of technology, design and business with more than 95,000 students and 10,000 employees worldwide. RMIT offers postgraduate, undergraduate, vocational, and online programs to provide students with a variety of work-relevant pathways.
Our goal is to provide life-changing experiences for our students and help shape the world through research, innovation, education and industry engagement. With strong relationships with industry forged over 130 years, collaboration with industry remains essential to RMIT’s leadership in education, applied and innovative research, and the development of highly skilled, globally focused graduates.
As Program Coordinator – Aged Care and Disability, you will coordinate teaching resources, provide support to students in the relevant VE group, and organize processes and activities to support staff in updating teaching materials and contextualize specific cohorts as needed. Additionally, you will assist the Program Manager to ensure programs meet regulatory compliance and quality requirements, manage at-risk students, and assist with staff scheduling and inductions as needed.
As directed by the Program Manager, the Coordinator will provide student wellness support, manage learning plans, and successfully connect with professionals from various VE clusters and service areas and external organizations. The incumbent is responsible for ensuring that the professional competence of the course is provided, assessed and maintained.
Your strong communication and interpersonal skills as well as your experience in teaching, working with students and coordinating administrative processes will ensure your success in this role.
To be successful in this position, you will need to:
- Minimum qualifications in accordance with the current company agreement and current regulatory requirements of the VET sector, including professional skills, professional motto and industry motto. This includes a professional studies diploma or equivalent.
- Mandatory Current Certificate IV in Training and Assessment.
- Instructional leadership skills that effectively support teaching and learning.
- Understanding of the at-risk student process, the special consideration process, and equivalent learning and assessment strategies.
- Evidence of the use of effective, innovative and flexible teaching methods and teaching experience in the relevant group.
- Skills and expertise in competency-based assessment.
- Qualifications and experience in the field of care for the elderly, people with disabilities and/or community services and significant current knowledge of the sector.
- Good knowledge and understanding of the vocational education and training sector and relevant industries training requirements related to quality assurance processes for TESQA and ASQA as per curricula.
Please note: Appointment to this position is subject to passing a work with children test.
About the College
The goal of RMIT’s College of Vocational Education is to empower learners and our partners in industry, community and government to succeed in the new world of work. Our five-year strategic roadmap, [email protected], deliberately guides everything we do in professional education to achieve our vision: to position RMIT as a leading multi-industry provider with global impact and influence.
Led by our Professional Vice-Chancellor, the College of VE is reinventing the way we deliver professional education to create unique experiences for our students and partners, so that we can:
- leader in practice-based learning
- empowering learners for the future of work
- engage industry and community at scale
- grow to have impact and influence
Please submit your CV and a cover letter that meets the key selection criteria for this position by clicking on the ‘Apply‘ link below. For further information on this position, please see the job description below or contact Diana Ruiz via email [email protected]
The COVID-19 Compulsory Vaccination (Workers) Guidelines, made under the Public Health and Welfare Act 2008 (Vic) and as amended and replaced from time to time (Guidance), affect all persons employed or engaged to perform work by RMIT.
As such, RMIT job offers are conditional on the candidate being fully vaccinated against COVID-19 or medically exempt and providing satisfactory proof thereof. You can access directions here: https://www.dhhs.vic.gov.au/victorias-restriction-levels-covid-19
Jan 30, 2022 11:59 p.m.