Program Coordinator – Defense Job with RMIT UNIVERSITY
- Full-time, fixed-term position until January 24, 2025
- SE1 salary level + 17% retirement pension and flexible working arrangements
- Based at the Melbourne, Brunswick or Bundoora campus, but may be required to work and/or be based at other University campuses and Australian Defense sites
The Defense Program Coordinator will coordinate teaching resources and provide support to Australian Defense Force students at the Australian Defense Logistics College. The incumbent will coordinate the design, development, delivery and evaluation processes and activities of educational materials and provide support to the Manager – Defense Programs to ensure programs meet regulatory compliance and quality requirements . The incumbent will manage at-risk students and assist with staff schedules and inductions as needed.
The Coordinator will provide student wellness support, manage learning plans, and interact effectively with staff from other VE service areas as well as outside organizations as requested by the Program Manager. The holder ensures professional competence for the courses given, evaluated and maintained.
To be successful in this position, you will need to:
- Demonstrated instructional leadership skills that effectively support teaching and learning, preferably within Defense or with Defense experience.
- An understanding of the at-risk student process, the special consideration process, and equivalent learning and assessment strategies.
- Effective interpersonal and communication skills, presentation, facilitation and guidance.
- Demonstrated evidence of using effective, innovative and flexible teaching methods and teaching experience, preferably within Defense or with Defense experience
- Relevant skills and expertise, Defense experience desirable, in competency-based assessment.
- Relevant experience in industry and/or Defense and in-depth and current knowledge of the discipline relevant to this position.
- Good knowledge and understanding of the Vocational Education and Training sector and relevant industries training requirements related to quality assurance processes for TESQA and ASQA in accordance with Defense curricula and training.
Please note: Must be an Australian citizen for defense security clearance purposes and be available to travel to Australia as required.
About the Career College
The goal of RMIT’s College of Vocational Education is to empower learners and our partners in industry, community and government to succeed in the new world of work. Our five-year strategic roadmap, [email protected], deliberately guides everything we do in professional education to achieve our vision: to position RMIT as a leading multi-industry provider with global impact and influence.
Led by our Professional Vice-Chancellor, the College of VE is reinventing the way we deliver professional education to create unique experiences for our students and partners, so that we can:
- leader in practice-based learning
- empowering learners for the future of work
- engage industry and community at scale
- grow to have impact and influence
- The College of VE delivers impact through transformation that creates long-term change.
Australian Defense Logistics College (ADLC)
Joint Logistics Command (JLC) has taken an innovative approach to enable the development of logistics personnel across the Defense Logistics enterprise. The strategic partnership with RMIT University has now begun and this action has resulted in the establishment of the Australian Defense Logistics College (ADLC). The ADLC will have a maturing scope to support the design, development, delivery and management of all joint logistics training, through the provision of training services.
Please submit your CV and cover letter specifying your suitability for this position by clicking on the “Apply” link below.
For more information on this position, please see the job description.
Applications close on November 1 at 11:59 p.m.
RMIT is a multi-sector university of technology, design and business with more than 95,000 students and nearly 10,000 employees worldwide. RMIT offers postgraduate, undergraduate, vocational, and online programs to provide students with a variety of work-relevant pathways.
Our goal is to provide life-changing experiences for our students and help shape the world through research, innovation, education and industry engagement. With strong links to industry forged over 130 years, collaboration with industry remains essential to RMIT’s leadership in education, applied and innovative research and the development of highly skilled and globally focused graduates .
Our values inspire us, wherever we are in the world, and guide the way we live and work together.
Imagination. Agility. Courage. Passion. Impact. Inclusion.
What unites us is our purpose and our values; they are at the heart of who we are, what we stand for, how we make decisions and communicate with each other.
Our people make everything possible at the University. We encourage new approaches to work and learning, stimulating change to generate positive impact. RMIT exists to create transformative experiences for our students, preparing them for life and work. You will be part of a productive and collaborative team, which values working relationships and results through open and inclusive planning, continuous information sharing and transparent work practices.
Bring your whole being to work
We are better for our diversity. When we listen to those who are different from us or challenge ourselves, we become stronger together. When we feel like we belong, we can accomplish so much more. We respect each other, accept our differences and build a sense of belonging within our team and beyond.
We are proud that our commitment to diversity has been recognized by a wide range of external organizations. Visit our Linkedin Life pages to learn more and see some of our most recent wins.
RMIT has a strong dhumbali (commitment) to the employment, development and retention of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people in a culturally safe environment; we strongly encourage applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples.
RMIT is a disability confident recruitment team and we are happy to tailor the recruitment process to your accessibility needs. Please contact us at [email protected] with your preferred type of communication and we will contact you as soon as possible to discuss your requirements.
RMIT is an equal opportunity employer committed to being a child-safe organization. We are committed to attracting, retaining and developing our employees regardless of gender identity, ethnicity, sexual orientation, disability and age. Applications from all sectors of the community are encouraged and we strongly encourage applications from the Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander community.
Please note that while we are still accepting applications from anyone interested in our roles, due to the impacts of COVID-19 we are currently prioritizing applications from those who currently have employment rights in Australia and who are not affected by travel restrictions. Please see the latest updates to Australia’s immigration and border arrangements during the COVID-19 (Coronavirus) outbreak: https://covid19.homeaffairs.gov.au/
We are a Circle Back initiative employer – we are committed to responding to every candidate.