Job Opportunities: Ottawa Policy Council Mental Health and Addictions Program Coordinator – Ottawa, ON
Temporary contract (6 months)
Deadline: August 23, 2022
Summary of job duties:
- Under the supervision of the Directors of the Ottawa Mental Health and Addictions Leading Council Secretariat, the incumbent will perform the following duties:
- Support mental health and addictions crisis response project planning, coordination and advocacy, including multi-stakeholder engagement
- Logistical support for approximately 40 stakeholder engagement events, virtual and in-person, from September to November 2022
- Administrative tasks such as tracking invoices and expenses, setting up team meetings, etc.
- Attend counseling sessions and take notes as needed (some of these will take place in the evening or on weekends)
- Write, prepare and distribute communications, both digital and print, as required
- Develop content and manage the website
- Manage social media and Zoom for community engagement
- Coordinate the inclusion and involvement of various partners in service areas/programs/projects
- Contribute to the program-specific communication plan
- Ensure appropriate standards are established, in place and adhered to
- Work in accordance with applicable health and safety laws, policies and procedures, and all other work-relevant laws, policies and procedures
- Other tasks as needed
Summary of Qualifications
- Must have a college diploma, bachelor’s degree or equivalent
- Ottawa Mental Health and Addictions Policy Council
We are looking for candidates who demonstrate:
- An understanding and/or lived experience of systemic issues of discrimination, equity and reconciliation.
- Strong oral and written communication skills in English (French is a strong asset)
- Orientation of details
- Organizational skills and flexibility to plan, initiate, organize and prioritize own work, and to balance multiple demands, conflicting priorities, pressures and deadlines.
- Proficiency in Word, Excel and PowerPoint is essential.
- Experience working with Zoom, Alchemer survey software (or similar) and social media.
- Must be able to work some evenings and weekends as needed.
Benefits and Compensation
- 35 hours per week
- The hourly rate is $34-40 depending on experience and level of education
- A set of competitive advantages
- The ability to work from home up to four days a week
How to submit your application
Thank you for your interest. Please note that only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.