Job of coordinator of the international doctoral program at the UNIVERSITY OF MELBOURNE
Post number: 0054772
Type of work: Fixed term (until December 2022)
Division / Faculty: Faculty of Medicine, Dentistry and Health Sciences
Department / School: School of Biomedical Sciences
Salary: $ 75,011 – $ 86,158 (prorated) (UoM 5)
Role & Pension rate: Professional – Part-time (0.5 FTE) – 17% great
Founded in 1853, the University of Melbourne is Australia’s No.1 university and is consistently ranked among the top universities in the world. We pride ourselves on our people, our commitment to excellence in research and teaching, and our global commitment.
About the Department of Microbiology and Immunology
The Department of Microbiology and Immunology is one of the departments of the School of Biomedical Sciences of the Faculty of Medicine, Dentistry and Health Sciences. Further information is available at http://www.microbiol.unimelb.edu.au/ and http://bsac.unimelb.edu.au/.
About the role
The program coordinator will be responsible for providing administrative support to the Bonn and Melbourne Research and Graduate School, a joint doctoral program between the universities of Melbourne and Bonn (Germany). This role is based in the Bedoui laboratory of the Department of Microbiology and Immunology at the Peter Doherty Institute for Infection and Immunity (Doherty Institute), University of Melbourne.
In a typical week at work, you can:
- Ensure program coordination and administrative support through the different elements of the joint doctoral program
- Work collaboratively within a diverse team of graduate researchers enrolled through MDHS and staff in Australia and Germany to advance project activities
- Assist in record keeping and compliance reports
- Engagement with relevant stakeholders within the Department, the Doherty Institute, external organizations and stakeholders was appropriate
You will be an experienced project coordinator with strong organizational skills that will allow you to work on multiple elements of the doctoral program simultaneously, ensuring high quality work on time. Your verbal communication skills will make it easier to bond with people at all levels of the organization, as you will work as an effective member of any team while being able to complete the job independently.
Ideally, you will also have:
- Obtaining a diploma without subsequent relevant work experience; or, obtaining an advanced degree and at least 1 year of subsequent relevant professional experience
- Demonstrated ability to develop clear project plans and timelines, communicate effectively with stakeholders and monitor project progress
- Demonstrated problem solving / analytical skills with the ability to come up with creative solutions
Benefits of working with us
In addition to having the opportunity to grow and meet challenges, and to be part of a dynamic campus life, our employees enjoy a range of rewarding benefits:
- Flexible working arrangements and generous personal, parental and cultural leave options
- Competitive pay, 17% super, salary wrap and leave loading
- Free and subsidized health and wellness services, and access to fitness and cultural clubs
- Discounts on a wide range of products and services, including Myki and Qantas Club cards
- Career development opportunities and 25% off graduate courses for staff and their immediate families
To learn more, please visit https://about.unimelb.edu.au/careers.
Be yourself @ UoM
We recognize that our people are at the heart of all of our success and achievement. We value the unique backgrounds, experiences and contributions that each person makes to our community, and we encourage and celebrate diversity. We encourage inclusive behavior and actively seek to learn from each other. Indigenous Australians are strongly encouraged to apply for our positions.
If you think this position is suitable for you, please submit your application with a brief cover letter, your curriculum vitae and your responses against the selection criteria * (found in the job description) for the position.
* For information to help you compile short statements to meet selection criteria and competencies, please visit http://about.unimelb.edu.au/careers/selection-criteria
If you require reasonable adjustments with the recruiting process, please contact the Talent Acquisition team at [email protected]
Job Description : 0054772_Coordinator of the international doctoral program_PD.pdf
Closure of applications: Dec 21 2021 23:55 AUS Eastern Daylight Time