Health Program Coordinator – Türkiye
Who we are?
IDA is an independent international non-governmental organization that provides medical and humanitarian assistance to people affected by conflict, natural disasters and epidemics, regardless of race, religion, gender or political affiliation. IDA was founded in 2012 by Syrian doctors from Aleppo in response to the health and humanitarian crisis in Syria.
IDA Syria is the main health care provider in the northern region of Aleppo/Syria, working closely with 500,000 IDPs and 700,000 host communities through 20 health facilities and other health and nutrition
In the last year, IDA provided 1.2 million services in the areas of health, nutrition, water and health and camp management
Main tasks and activities:
- Monitoring the implementation of health projects (including core support budget and coordination of contributions to donor proposals and reports) in northern Syria in coordination with the grant manager, in accordance with contractual commitments ( i.e. quality, synergies, timeliness, use of resources) under the supervision of the coordinating program. Ensure that all health projects are managed in accordance with donor guidelines, particularly with regard to implementation, budget management, procurement and closure, in coordination with finance, grants and logistic. Assess needs, develop contingency responses and implement response plans
- Ensure optimal use of resources within allocated project budgets and key strategies by coordinating with the CFO.
- Coordinate all activities including the design of opening and closing projects in consultation with donors and other internal Nutrition, Protection and WASH program colleagues.
- Manage the collection, cleaning, validation and analysis of data on health systems preparedness gaps, including alignment with existing health systems and data systems in collaboration with the monitoring and the evaluation.
- Manage the development of quantitative models to assess opportunities for improving the efficiency and effectiveness of health interventions.
- Support programming staff to integrate participatory methods into community-level M&E systems and tools.
- Lead project monitoring and evaluation design initiatives, including the development of the monitoring and evaluation plan under the supervision of the Program Manager.
- Ensure that beneficiary feedback is properly documented, processed, analyzed and used by program teams.
- Prepare mandated and key program/project reports for donors and other partners to keep them informed of program progress.
- Provides technical advice in the development and dissemination of tools, protocols and interventions for
- Psychosocial support and maintaining full crisis preparedness.
- Carry out regular field visits on the Syrian side of the border, Supervise and coordinate the implementation of activities in the IDA centers, including daily, weekly and monthly activities and collaboration activities with other sectors and actors,
- Ensure that activities are carried out according to minimum standards and best practices and are adapted to the context.
- Regular coordination meetings with Head of Programs, Program staff, MEAL and SMT staff as required.
- Report regularly to the HoP.
- Assist the HoP in regularly establishing strategic objectives and plans for the program department.
Requirements and Qualifications
- Management level of health programs and projects Experience managing and overseeing large-scale programming (including country programs) commensurate with the scale and scope of programming in Syria. At a minimum, at least three years of progressively responsible supervisory work experience that involved direct management of professional and support staff, supervising and evaluating staff performance and deliverables, and managing contracts /subsidies.
- Proven track record of delivering results in a development context.
- Demonstrated experience working in a team and fostering partnerships at a senior level. Effective partnerships with the institutions concerned (cluster system).
- Excellent oral and written communication skills in English with an ability to communicate effectively with a wide variety of stakeholders to communicate objectives and expectations to their teams, and to provide timely and high quality oral and written analysis and reports. quality.
- Demonstrated ability to oversee monitoring, evaluation and learning, with demonstrated ability to provide oversight and leadership for high quality results monitoring and data quality assurance, and for evidence-based adaptive management proofs.
- Master’s degree in health or an equivalent field; and/or equivalent senior level experience in relevant health and protection programmatic areas and/or managing large humanitarian programs at a senior level. You must be able to demonstrate sufficient academic knowledge, learning and understanding in areas relevant to the programme, the humanitarian and development sector and the political realities of the operating environment.
- Experience working in the Syria response and/or a strong demonstrated understanding of the country context and that of the broader Syrian crisis.
- More than 4 years of experience in health program management
- Leadership experience in managing large country programs as Country Director in relevant humanitarian and development sectors
- Eligible to work legally in Turkey
The Independent Physicians Association does not condone sexual exploitation and abuse and is committed to acting professionally and ethically. The Independent Physicians Association is zero tolerable with any case of EAS, IDA creates the best environment to ensure all staff understand EAS and how to report if a case is suspected
How to register
Interested candidates can apply via the link
Please note that the position can be filled before the application deadline.