HBCAT is looking for a program coordinator | Fort Scott Biz
POSITION AVAILABLE with the energetic, mission-driven Action Team Healthy Bourbon County Action Team, Inc. dedicated to building a healthier Bourbon County. This position includes a flexible work schedule and a competitive salary. The role is ideal for a flexible, service-oriented, mission-conscious professional looking for variety in their day-to-day work.
Title: Program Coordinator – flexibility with remote desktop / office
Salary: $ 40 to $ 45,000, depending on education and experience
Position: full time, 40 hours per week, 2 years, temporary, subsidized
Summary: This position will focus on efforts to engage and build relationships with community stakeholders, implement place-building activities, and support the programming of the Center for Economic Growth. The Coordinator will oversee the Patterson Family Foundation grant and the activities outlined in the awarded proposal. The coordinator can work directly with the HBCAT chair, the HBCAT board and a cross-sectoral sector of community partners to address the social determinants of health through policies, systems and environmental change.
The Program Coordinator will manage, coordinate and oversee programs and projects. The selected coordinator will have the following responsibilities:
• Support HBCAT’s efforts to increase our response to the challenges of Bourbon County, including the social determinants of health, the scarcity of resources, and work to create a culture of health.
• To perform outreach tasks to engage with the local community and our target market of low income demographics, minorities and women.
• Support the development of effective relationships with other key organizations to fulfill HBCAT’s mission by developing partnership activities that educate and inform key stakeholders and partners.
• Keep records of program activities. Provide data monitoring and tracking for all activities including development, implementation and maintenance of a tracking system, ensuring accurate measurement, reporting and benchmarking.
• Recruit and supervise volunteers
• Coordinate program activities and establish priorities for program management.
• Manage marketing and community outreach. Assist in the preparation of clear monthly information and reports for the community and the Board of Directors.
• To prepare or assist in the preparation of grant applications and further funding from external sponsors.
• Represent HBCAT at various conferences, meetings and conference calls.
• To accomplish other assigned tasks
Environment: HBCAT is dedicated to increasing access to physical activity and healthy diets, promoting commercial tobacco cessation, improving quality of life and encouraging economic growth. HBCAT staff work as a team. Each staff member is responsible for a wide variety of activities.
Relations: The coordinator reports to the President and CEO. This support position works closely with multiple members, partners, entrepreneurs and committees to achieve program goals. The coordinator must have the ability to quickly establish and maintain working relationships and the ability to provide personalized levels of support and commitment as needed.
Education: bachelor’s degree in a related field or a combination of education and related experience
Requirements: This position requires an understanding of the social determinants of health, as well as policies, systems and environmental changes to address health outcomes. The coordinator will have some experience working to improve rural systems and meet the needs of a rural community. The candidate should be proficient in customer service and data-driven community programming. Excellent written, verbal and presentation skills are required. The candidate should be proficient in MS Office 365 and provide a suitable remote office (when working remotely) with the basic equipment necessary to maintain a confidential and professional representation of the organization. An understanding of federally funded rural programs is preferred. Travel by car may be necessary.
HBCAT is an equal opportunities employer.
Submit a letter of interest, resume, salary requirements and references to Jody Hoener, President and CEO, at [email protected], no later than October 1, 2021