Coordinator of the US Chess Sees Correspondence Chess Program
US Chess is looking for a part-time entrepreneur to fill the role of Correspondence Chess Coordinator. This role is scheduled to be 8-10 hours / week and will have day-to-day responsibility for the administration of the US Chess Correspondence Program.
Profession: Correspondence Chess Program Coordinator
Position type: Contract
Hours: Part time (8-10 hours / week)
Location: The base is Crossville, Tennessee; Telework authorized
General Correspondence Chess Events
- Collect registrations for correspondence chess events and update the US Chess website with participant information
- Assign pairs / groupings for match events
- Communicate event information to players via email and regular mail
- Set up events on ICCF
- Supervise current events as TD, handle all issues
- Collect and enter results for evaluation
- Send prizes, certificates, gift certificates
- Maintain ranking of Knights events
- Obtain the list of qualified players
- Recruit players to build the field
- Advertise the event, solicit donations for the prize fund
- Organize and organize an event
- Providing American failures with a price to pay
- Work with US Chess on Chess Life articles / advertisements
- Help publish a monthly article on Chess Life Online (The check is in the mail)
- Maintain CC web page on USChess.org
- Handle general requests for correspondence chess
- Issue certificates of title based on US correspondence chess odds
- Work with the US chess accountant to manage program finances
- Work with the US Office of Chess on the processing of mail order chess gift certificates
Terms & Conditions
- American chess assessment, including experience as a correspondence player.
- Mastery of the rules and regulations of American correspondence chess
- Standing as US Chess Tournament Director, local designation or higher
- Excellent customer service skills which demonstrate strong communication, diplomacy, quick response, teamwork and the ability to think on one’s feet.
- Comfortable with information technology, including editing web pages
- Strong writing skills.
The Events Manager or his designate will perform the primary replacement duties for the Correspondence Chess Coordinator and oversee the work of the Contractor.
Applications for this position should be sent to Judy Misner at [email protected] and include “Correspondence Chess Coordinator” in the subject line of the email. In addition to a curriculum vitae and cover letter, please provide the names and contact details of 3 references. The deadline to submit an application is October 21 at 5 p.m. Central. No phone calls, please.