Communications and Downtown Program Coordinator
Status: Full time, Exempt, 30-40 hours/week
Salary: $20/hour, plus benefits (see below)
Reports to: Executive Director
Located in Randolph, VT, the Randolph Area Community Development Corporation (RACDC) is a registered 501(C)3 nonprofit organization that provides affordable housing, wellness services, and economic development to the Greater Randolph area. . Our dynamic team is seeking a full-time Downtown Communications and Program Coordinator to drive the organization’s communications and fundraising strategies, as defined in the organization’s strategic plan, and manage the program. of Downtown Randolph, an ongoing economic development initiative affiliated with the State of Vermont’s Designated Downtown Program. .
Communication and fundraising
- Lead an effective communications strategy to inform RACDC stakeholders, donors and clients about RACDC programs and mission using various forms of print, social media and radio
- Establish guidelines, protocols and templates as needed to help the Board and staff support this strategy and keep information and communications current
- Manage content on the RACDC website and strategize platform updates as needed in consultation with the Executive Director and IT staff
- Create and distribute the organization’s electronic newsletters and develop a regular schedule of public attendance
- Lead the coordination of several direct fundraising campaigns per year and create high quality copy and creative for these campaigns (i.e. annual report, annual appeals)
- Manage donor database in a timely and efficient manner in consultation with other staff
- Write grant proposals and manage grant renewals/reports as needed
- Assist with gift acknowledgment letters and other donor correspondence, including in-person meetings/recognition, as required
- Use design tools, including Canva, Publisher and/or Adobe InDesign, to create advertisements and other communication materials
- Coordinate with design and other consultants as needed
- Learn and recommend tools to improve communications and outreach
- Create or assist with other communications and fundraising projects as needed
Coordination of events and programs
- In coordination with supervisor, staff and other external partners as appropriate, plan and coordinate the execution of RACDC events and initiatives, including the downtown program, business stimulation initiatives and public events/festivals, inaugurations, annual meeting, etc.
- Create and oversee the implementation of effective communication between staff and Board of Directors, partners, business owners, sponsors, the public and other stakeholders to enable effective execution of events and downtown program.
- Provide project management of the downtown program and oversee the implementation of appropriate objectives and strategies
- Participate in downtown program meetings with relevant government agencies and municipal partners
- Run an annual downtown reinvestment survey and ensure the downtown program meets state program requirements year after year
• Other assigned duties
- Bachelor’s degree in community development, business administration or other relevant discipline preferred. Fair work experience in program coordination, development, and/or communications will also be considered.
- Proven experience in project management and/or program coordination, preferably with multi-stakeholder initiatives
- Strong oral and written communication and networking and/or community organizing skills with an ability to reach a variety of audiences in an authentic and inclusive manner
- Experience in event planning and fundraising
- Some knowledge of RACDC’s impact areas, including affordable housing, economic development and support services, is preferred.
- At ease with facilitating groups and meetings.
- Competence with Microsoft Office Suite, Zoom, database management, project management software and willing to learn new technologies that can be determined as suitable for the project.
- Strong research and analytical skills
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail are required.
- Creative problem solver and critical thinker.
- Ability to manage time effectively and work independently.
- Team spirit, sense of humor and positive attitude.
- Personally determined to make a difference
Those who do not meet all of the qualifications listed for this position are still encouraged to apply. Aptitude, strong skills in certain areas and a strong motivation to learn and complete the necessary training can replace experience in certain areas.
RACDC is committed to promoting diversity and opportunity in our community and workplace.
Compensation and Benefits:
· This is a full-time exempt position (30-40h/week) with a flexible schedule. Some remote work is possible after an initial trial period. The RACDC benefit package includes:
o Vacations, sick days, as well as holiday closures and federal holidays
o Employer sponsored dental and vision care
o Employer-sponsored, employee-directed benefits allowance
o Reimbursable work-related travel expenses
o Annual review and performance-based increments
o Professional development opportunities
To apply for this job, login/register on this website and click on the “POST FOR A JOB” button on this job posting.
Please send a cover letter and up-to-date resume with the subject line: Downtown Communications and Program Coordinator. This position will remain open until filled.
RACDC is an equal opportunity employer and housing provider.