CIF South Section is looking for a Program Coordinator
Job title: PROGRAM COORDINATOR
Exempt/non-exempt status: NOT EXEMPTED
Hourly rate: $25.49 – $30.44 (annual $53,024 – $63,314)
Working hours: 7:30 a.m. – 4:00 p.m. — M, D, M, D, V
Additional: Evenings and weekends in season
Site: LOS ALAMITOS, CALIFORNIA
Reports to: Kristine Palle
Prepared by: MITCHELL CARTY Date : January 19, 2022
Approved by: ROBERT WIGOD Date : January 24, 2022
General idea: Serve as primary administrative support to the Assistant Athletic Commissioner for purposes of governance and participation in inter-school events for over 560 member schools.
duties and responsibilities
- Provide assistance to member schools and the general public with information related to CIF Southern Chapter policies and events.
- Support member schools with student-athlete eligibility/transfer issues, athletic participation, membership fees, and other organizational guidelines as defined in the CIF-SS constitution and bylaws (CIF-SS Blue Book ).
- Facilitate the coordination and communication of sport-related information (season overviews, playoff bulletins/manuals and memos).
- Assist in the planning, management and execution of championship events.
- Day-to-day administrative support to the Deputy Commissioner’s office.
- Collaborate in the development, maintenance and ongoing training for member schools on the CIF Southern Section web portal (cifsshome.org).
- Participate and contribute to organization-sponsored workshops, chapter meetings and recognition programs.
- Serve on rotation with colleagues as primary phone coverage (assigned hours).
- Screening and distribution of mail, maintenance of records and documents.
- Contribute to the maintenance and editing of the CIF-SS Blue Book (based on changes).
- Prepare mileage reimbursements for advisory committees.
- Collaborate with Office Manager to maintain inventory of office/kitchen supplies.
- Perform other duties assigned or requested by management.
- Collaborate with the Commissioner’s Office as well as the Finance, Sports, Marketing and Communications Departments to ensure harmony and successful execution of CIF South Section objectives.
- Cooperate with member school staff, officiating organizations and Sport Advisory Committee members as key liaisons for the overall mission.
- Responsible for monthly timesheet reporting (sickness, compensation and vacation used).
- Adherence to company policies identified in the CIF Southern Section Employee Handbook.
- Local travel to sporting events and meetings required on occasion.
The preceding duties have been provided as examples of the types of work performed by employees assigned to this job classification. Management reserves the right to add, modify, change or cancel work assignments and make reasonable accommodations as needed.
- High school diploma or equivalent required.
- Basic knowledge/interest in interscholastic athletics preferred.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Knowledge of administrative and administrative procedures.
- Ability to work in a fast paced environment with often high call volume.
- Must possess the highest personal and professional ethics and standards.
- Ability to set priorities, take initiative and solve problems.
- Understand and perform intermediate to advanced computer operations used in business environments.
- Use communication skills effectively to interact with the general public, all levels of management and employees.
80% sitting, 10% standing, 5% walking,
- Exposure to weather and local conditions.
- (2% of time) daily outdoor work, including: humidity, dirt, noise, temperature extremes, vehicle fumes, petroleum products, chemicals, vehicle vibrations, traffic, poor road or weather conditions, and for eye/hand/foot coordination.
- (98% of the time) working indoors and working in confined spaces.
- Regular full-time position.
- Participation in the CalPERS Defined Benefit Plan.
- Health, dental, vision and life insurance paid up to company-defined cap.
- One (1) vacation day earned per month.
- One (1) sick day earned per month.
- 20 paid holidays.
To perform this job successfully, a person must be able to perform each essential task satisfactorily. The requirements listed above are representative of the knowledge, skills and/or abilities required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable people with disabilities to perform essential functions.
- Letter of application (presentation and interest in the position).
- CV (complete list of training and experience).
- Letter(s) of recommendation (Two letters dated within one year. Letters must be signed. Letters must contain address and phone number for verification purposes).
Registration deadline: Friday, February 11, 2022 at 12:00 p.m. PST (noon).
Release Notes: Email ALL required documents (cover letter, CV and letters of recommendation) to the contact person listed above. Include ONLY the following in the “Subject” line of the email: PROGRAM COORDINATOR.
ONLY electronic submissions will be accepted.