Amy Forman to step down as Achieve Foundation Volunteer Tutoring Program Coordinator
From the Achieve Foundation:
It is with mixed emotions that the Achieve Foundation of South Orange & Maplewood announces that after nine years of running the Achieve Volunteer Tutor Program and making it an invaluable resource for students and the school district, the program coordinator Amy Forman moves on to a new job opportunity with SEEDS.
We know Amy is highly respected by District partners and valued by the guardians and families with whom she works. We hope that all members of the community will join the staff and directors of the Achieve Foundation in thanking Amy for her many years of service to students, schools and the community, and wishing her well in her next role.
The Achieve Foundation of South Orange & Maplewood is now seeking a qualified, organized and caring individual to effectively coordinate and develop the organization’s branding program.
The Achieve Volunteer Tutoring Program provides crucial emotional academic and social support to students in the South Orange-Maplewood School District from Kindergarten to Grade 12, serving 350 students with a comparable number of volunteer tutors in a typical year. Since 1997, the program has improved academic performance and increased the confidence of children struggling with schoolwork by matching them free with trained volunteer tutors. In addition, students who teach at Achieve reinforce their own learning and develop their leadership skills.
The Program Manager will plan, organize and implement the established program, improving and continuing to build on its success to meet the changing needs of the student body.
The main responsibilities include:
- Recruit volunteers (for in-person and virtual tutoring sessions)
- Interview future tutors
- Manage student referrals by teachers and guidance counselors
- Associate and assign tutors to students
- Plan and conduct training sessions for tutors
- Recruit, train and meet site supervisors
- Process timesheets / payment for site supervisors
- Oversee afternoon tutoring sessions at Columbia High School
- Monitoring attendance issues
- Provide monthly status updates for the Achieve Board of Directors
- Organize the recognition of end-of-year tutors and the welcoming of volunteers
- Administer and analyze the year-end survey of program participants
- Write an end of year report for the board of directors and funders of the program
- Experience in program management / volunteer coordination
- Understanding of the educational and guidance needs of students
- Dedication to helping students, especially underserved children
- Excellent interpersonal, communication and organizational skills
Qualified applicants are encouraged to apply by July 6, 2021 by sending their curriculum vitae and a cover letter or email to [email protected].